. In this write-up, you will be taught how to apply for US visa in Nigeria. Many Nigerians would love to travel to the United States for obvious reasons. The US is more organized and a far better country than Nigeria regarding social amenities, security, respect for lives and properties, job opportunities and so on.
Have you been looking for a way to get out of Nigeria to the United States, but you have no adequate information about how to get a visa? You have come to the right source of information.
Types of US visa
Before you apply for US visa in Nigeria, you should remember that the visas are of two types, vis-à-vis the immigrant visa and the non-immigrant visa. An immigrant visa is for individuals that want to settle down permanently in the United States, while the non-immigrant visa is for individuals that are going to the United States temporarily, like students, business persons, tourists and the likes.
The United States has embassies in both Lagos and Abuja. The Abuja office only deals with the non-immigrant visa application, while the Lagos office deals with both types. You should keep this in mind when you want to apply for US visa in Nigeria.
How to Apply for US VISA: Steps to follow
- Decide on the type of visa you want. Is it a non-immigrant or an immigrant visa? Since Nigeria is not covered under the Visa Waiver Program of the United States, it is mandatory to apply for US visa in Nigeria before you can be given access to that country.
- The next step is to pay your visa fee after determining the type of visa you need. Different visa types attract different fees. The fees may change with time, and it is expected to be paid in either native currency or US dollars.
- After making payment online, the next step as you apply for us visa in Nigeria is to fill the DS-160 form. They provide guidelines on how to fill the form. Make sure all the information provided in the form is genuine. No change can be made again in the form after it has been submitted. A translator or immigration lawyer can interpret the content of the form to you if you get confused while filling it. The DS-160 number is required for booking appointment.
- After filling and submitting the form, the next step as you apply for us visa in Nigeria is to visit http://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria to create a profile and password. After creating your profile, you should click Schedule Appointment, which is a tab located on the left-hand side of your dashboard. The appointment scheduling process will start automatically after this.
- On the date of your appointment given to you while you apply for US visa in Nigeria, you should make yourself available at the embassy. The necessary documents you are expected to take along will be provided on the Schedule My Appointment page on your dashboard.
- The visa will be sent to your selected drop-off location that you earlier chose if the visa application is granted.
What You Need for for US Visa Application In Nigeria
You need to prepare the following when you want to apply for US visa in Nigeria
- Ten-digit barcode number found on the DS-10 confirmation page
- Receipt number from GT Bank receipt
- Your passport number.
Many Nigerians would love to travel to the United States for obvious reasons. The US is more organized and a far better country than Nigeria regarding social amenities, security, respect for lives and properties, job opportunities and so on.
We have done our best possible to guide you on how to apply for US Visa in Nigeria.